FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Even though quarterback Jaxon Orr has graduated, Itawamba AHS should have a powerful offense in 2019.
Ike Chandler, who rushed for over 2,000 yards last season, returns at running back.
Daeveon Sistrunk, who played at receiver last season, takes over at quarterback for Orr.
"In his ninth grade, sophomore year, that's where he was working at," said Itawamba AHS head coach Clint Hoots. "Last year, we moved him to wide receiver, and had a great year, so, it's something he's comfortable doing.
"We've adapted some stuff for him, and with the skill set around him, I think it'll be an easy transition for him, he does a great job."
Sistrunk had a 1,000-yard season with 14 touchdowns, but Hoots says the Indians are deep at receiver.
Itawamba AHS opens at Amory on Aug. 23.
- Sistrunk, Chandler leading IAHS offense this season
- IAHS led by "quiet" Chandler
- IAHS, USM product Dozier traded from Twins to Dodgers
- IAHS duo signs with Blue Mountain College baseball program
- Pugh leading Rams this season
- Offense leads Mississippi State baseball past Jackson State
- Early offense, dominant pitching leads Diamond Dawgs past Central Michigan
- McCowan leads Bulldogs to season-opening win
- Late offense leads Mississippi State baseball to series win over Alabama
- Offense powers Diamond Dawgs past Nicholls 14-4