Sessom, a native of Byhalia, Mississippi, is returning from a season-ending knee injury suffered seven games into the season in the first quarter vs. Middle Tennessee last November, ending what was shaping up to be a spectacular senior year. Entering that game, Sessom was averaging 17.7 points and 6.7 rebounds per game with five double-digit scoring games and a season-high 24 points vs. Delaware State on Nov. 18.
She enters her final year at Ole Miss with 1,131 career points scored (11.4/game) in 99 career games played and 86 games started, making her one of just 29 Rebels to ever eclipse the 1,000-point mark. She currently ranks 24th on the all-time Ole Miss scoring list, and with her career season scoring average of 341 points, she is on pace to end up at No. 13 all-time with 1,472 points.
Ole Miss opens the season this Friday at home with an exhibition vs. LeMoyne-Owen in The Pavilion at Ole Miss at 3 p.m. CT, before the regular season opener at home vs. Norfolk State on Nov. 6.
- Sessom named Preseason Second-Team All-SEC
- Becker named Preseason All-SEC
- Burnett, Davis named Preseason All-SEC
- SEC men’s basketball preseason teams announced
- Sessom out for season with torn ACL
- Rolison named First Team Preseason All-American
- Ole Miss softball's Becker, Cox named Preseason All-SEC
- Four Bulldogs named Preseason All-SEC at Media Days
- Five Bulldogs named Preseason All-SEC by league coaches
- Eight Bulldogs tabbed to Preseason Coaches All-SEC Team