SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - Zac Miller is only nine years old, but he's already a national champion.
Miller, who's in third grade at Saltillo Elementary, recently won the World Wake Association's junior boys beginner division with a score of 82, which was fifteen points higher than the second-place finisher.
The competition took place in Monroe, Washington, which is near Seattle.
Miller began water skiing just before he turned three years old. He's coached by Nathan Strange, a former pro wakeboarder from Tupelo.
Miller has qualified for the World Championships in Cancun, Mexico, in October.
- Saltillo youngster wins national wakeboard title
- Area youngster set for world wakeboard championships
- Area youngsters playing in All-American Baseball Games
- Oklahoma State defeats Alabama to win national title at home
- Vanderbilt wins 2nd national title, beating Michigan 8-2
- Saltillo hosts softball all-stars
- Two-A-Days: Shannon, Saltillo
- Saltillo's Lusby signs with BMC cross country
- Byrd leaving Saltillo for Winston Academy
- Saltillo's Kenzye Simmons signs with Mississippi College