SPRINGVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - It turns out Bill Russell's retirement only lasted a few months.
South Pontotoc officials say Russell will return next season as girls' head basketball coach. Russell had announced his retirement at the end of last season.
School officials say Russell will be a part-time teacher in addition to his coaching duties.
Russell led his alma mater to the Class 3A state quarterfinals in 2019. He has 701 career victories and has won state championships at Senatobia (1997) and Pontotoc (2012).
- Russell returning to South Pontotoc
- South Pontotoc's Bill Russell retiring
- South Pontotoc honors Russell after 700th win
- South Pontotoc's Pilcher signs with Northeast softball
- Two-A-Days: West Point, South Pontotoc
- South Pontotoc tennis pair commit to ICC
- South Pontotoc's Long signs with BMC, Mills signs with Jones
- South Pontotoc's Kirby Ross signs with Coahoma baseball
- South Pontotoc's Tedder signs with Mississippi Delta softball
- Tupelo native Georgia Russell returns to Ole Miss soccer program as Coordinator of Operations