OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss baseball sophomore LHP Ryan Rolison has been named a First Team Preseason All-American by Perfect Game, the outlet announced Tuesday morning.
Rolison is one of just five starting pitchers on the First Team and the lone sophomore amongst all 18 players on the list. The Jackson, Tennessee, native is coming off a Freshman All-America season in which he was named to the SEC All-Freshman Team and allowed the third-fewest runs (23) among stat-eligible SEC pitchers.
The southpaw ranked 13th in the league with a 3.06 ERA to go along with a 6-3 record, tied for most victories on the team despite starting the season in the bullpen. In just 61.2 innings of work, Rolison tallied 64 strikeouts and held opposing hitters to a .242 clip.
Rolison followed his freshman campaign as a Rebel with an even more impressive summer in the Cape Cod League for the Orleans Firebirds. Named a Cape Cod League All-Star, the lefty was named the No. 3 prospect in the entire league (according to Baseball America). He led the Firebirds with 35 strikeouts in just six starts, and finished with a perfect 4-0 record and 1.92 ERA.
Rolison and the Rebels open the 2018 season Feb. 16 against Winthrop at O-U Stadium/Swayze Field. For ticket info visit OleMissTix.com.
- Rolison named First Team Preseason All-American
- Ole Miss' Rolison, Woolfolk earn preseason honors from Baseball America
- Ole Miss' Rolison named SEC Pitcher of the Week
- Simmons, Sweat named to Athlon Sports preseason All-American teams
- Parker Caracci named preseason first team All-American
- Sessom named Preseason Second-Team All-SEC
- Becker named Preseason All-SEC
- Pilkington, Price named Preseason All-Americans by Collegiate Baseball
- Mangum, Pilkington named Perfect Game Preseason All-Americans
- Caracci, Olenek named Collegiate Baseball Preseason All-Americans