LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -Louisville High School officially hired Tyrone Shorter as its new head football coach on Tuesday.
Shorter replaces M.C. Miller, who retired after the 2018 season. Shorter also replaced Miller at Noxubee County when Miller left for Louisville in 2010.
Mike Sands of WLBT in Jackson was the first to report that Shorter would be named head football coach at Louisville.
Last January, Miller announced he was stepping down at Louisville following the 2018 season. At the time, Miller named his offensive coordinator, Randal Montgomery, as Louisville's head-coach-in-waiting. However, that move was never formally approved by the school board.
- UPDATE: Louisville names Shorter head football coach
- Calhoun City names new head football coach
- Nouxbee County names new head football coach
- Louisville's Miller set to retire after 2018 season; names Randal Montgomery head-coach-in-waiting
- Luke named permanent Ole Miss head football coach
- Darty named MSU head volleyball coach
- Knox named BMC tennis head coach
- Ricketts named Mississippi State head softball coach
- Bramlett named Northwest head softball coach
- Columbus hires new head football coach