OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - One day after the NCAA announced penalties against the Ole Miss football program, one of the biggest names on the Rebels' roster could be leaving.
The Ole Miss Spirit reports that quarterback Shea Patterson has been granted permission by the school to talk to other programs about potentially transferring, and programs are also free to contact him.
The former five-star recruit threw for more than 2,000 yards in the Rebels' first seven games in 2017 before being sidelined with a season-ending knee injury.
The report says if Patterson leaves, the favorite to land him is Michigan.
- Report: Ole Miss grants Patterson permission to explore transfer
- Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson to transfer
- Ole Miss' Patterson, Haynes honored by SEC
- Patterson leads Ole Miss over Vanderbilt 57-35
- Ole Miss softens stance on transfer restrictions
- Patterson eligible for Mich., good news for other transfers
- Patterson to miss rookie season with Colts
- Ole Miss softball inks oregon transfer Alyssa Pinto
- Ole Miss women’s basketball adds Georgia transfer
- Ole Miss women's basketball announces Cincinnati transfer Andeija Puckett