STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) — Yahoo Sports and Sports Illustrated reported Thursday night that Mississippi State may dismiss head football coach Joe Moorhead.
Word about MSU possibly firing Moorhead comes the same week the Bulldogs lost the Music City Bowl to Louisville to finish the season at 6-7.
One of the storylines prior to the bowl game was that freshman quarterback Garrett Shrader would not play because he got hurt in a confrontation with linebacker Willie Gay Junior, according to our news partner the Starkville Daily News.
- Reports: Mississippi State may fire football coach Joe Moorhead
- MSU fires head football coach Joe Moorhead
- Joe Moorhead previews LSU
- Mississippi State football head coach Joe Moorhead announces hiring of Bob Shoop, Marcus Johnson
- MSU announces hiring of Joe Moorhead as head football coach
- MSU head football coach Joe Moorhead signs four-year extension
- Moorhead hires Mississippi native to coach MSU defensive line
- Moorhead to become next MSU head football coach
- Moorhead finalizes 2019 MSU football coaching staff roles
- Mississippi State downs Stephen F. Austin 63-6 in Joe Moorhead's debut