STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Mississippi State defensive lineman and Noxubee County native Jeffery Simmons tore the ACL in his left knee over the weekend during training, he confirmed Tuesday on his Twitter account.
Simmons says he suffered the injury during position drills this past weekend in Boca Raton, Florida.
Many NFL Draft analysts have projected Simmons to be a top pick in the upcoming draft.
He declared for the draft in December following his junior season at MSU.
- Former MSU star Jeffery Simmons suffers knee injury
- MSU's Jeffery Simmons declares for NFL Draft
- Jeffery Simmons named to Bednarik Award watch list
- Titans agree to terms with top draft pick Jeffery Simmons
- MSU’s Simmons, Sweat named Bednarik Award semifinalists
- Rebels' Brown, MSU's Simmons among Conerly Trophy finalists
- Mississippi State's Bibby out for season with knee injury
- Alabama LB Dylan Moses out indefinitely with knee injury
- Fitzgerald, Simmons named semifinalists for awards
- Saltillo's Kenzye Simmons signs with Mississippi College