STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Mississippi State baseball coach Andy Cannizaro reportedly resigned due to an extramarital affair.
According to the Starkville Daily News, the affair was with another MSU athletic department employee.
The newspaper reports the employee is no longer with the school.
The university has not publicly addressed the reason for Cannizaro's resignation.
"I had a wonderful opportunity at Mississippi State, but unfortunately I made some poor decisions," Cannizaro stated in a university release earlier this week. "I hope Mississippi State University and all of the fans and people affected will one day forgive me."
- Report: Cannizaro resigned due to extramarital affair
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns
- Cannizaro previews fall as Diamond Dawgs open practice
- McFatrich resigns as MSU volleyball head coach
- Game between MSU, UTRGV called due to fog
- Bobby Hall resigns from Philadelphia, says he's now retired
- Steve Dudley resigns as MSU track and field head coach
- Ole Miss baseball's game 1 at Long Beach State postponed due to rain
- Report: Ole Miss to receive NCAA ruling Friday
- Report: Ole Miss grants Patterson permission to explore transfer