BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – All-American Rebel junior Waleed Suliman has been named the SEC Men’s Cross Country Runner of the Week, the conference office announced Tuesday.
Suliman was the top finisher for Ole Miss at the Pre-National Invitational at Indiana State last Saturday. He finished 12th overall at a season-best 8K time of 23:42.0, the highest among SEC participants by 12 spots.
His finish helped lead the Rebel men to a fifth-place team finish in a competitive field that featured 11 total ranked schools. Ole Miss beat out four ranked squads in the process (No. 14 Oklahoma State, No. 27 Arkansas, No. 29 Virginia Tech and No. 30 Florida State), while finishing behind No. 2 BYU (81), No. 3 Colorado (83), No. 21 Iona (140) and No. 4 Washington (160).
Ole Miss will take this week off to prepare for the SEC Championships, which will be run at Kentucky on Nov. 1.
- Rebels' Suliman named SEC Men’s Runner of the Week
- Parker Scott named SEC Men’s Runner of the Week
- Ole Miss' Suliman wins 1500-meter at SEC Outdoor Championships
- Four Rebels named AP All-SEC
- Rebels' Dillard named SEC, National Player of the Week
- Snider named SEC Co-Runner of the Week
- No. 11 Rebel Men repeat as SEC Cross Country Champions
- Rebels' Davis named SEC Coach of the Year
- Rebels' Vanhoy named SEC Men’s Cross Country Coach of the Year
- Rebels' Nikhazy nabs second SEC Freshman of the Week honor