WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics/MSU Athletics) - The Ole Miss men’s golf team wrapped up play at the Old Waverly Collegiate Championship on Tuesday, finishing runner-up as a team after a final round 3-under 285.
Jackson Suber led the Rebels with a runner-up individual finish after a final round 7-under 65, a career low for the freshman.
Meanwhile, Garrett Johnson shined bright at home to lead Mississippi State men’s golf to an important top-5 finish.
The junior shot his third 3-under 69 of the week on Tuesday as he carded a 9-under-207, tying a career-best tournament total. Johnson placed tied for third at MSU’s home event, which bested his tied-for-fifth performance at Old Waverly Golf Club a year ago and a tied-for-11th showing in 2017.
Louisiana-Monroe won the team competition with a three-day score of 846 (-18). Middle Tennessee State's Marcus Byrd was the individual winner by three strokes at -13.
- Rebels, Bulldogs post top five finishes at Old Waverly
- Thornberry, Rebels on top at Old Waverly
- Bulldogs down Rebels to win Governor's Cup
- Bulldogs earn top 20 finish in national polls
- Bulldogs finish regular season in Top 20 of national polls
- 2 Bulldogs, 2 Rebels picked for Senior Bowl
- Bulldogs score late to top Arkansas 28-21
- Strong second round has MSU in top five at Old Waverly
- Coca-Cola Junior Golf Tour visits Old Waverly
- Old Waverly preparing to host another USGA championship