STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Freshman quarterback Garrett Shrader led Mississippi State to a 28-13 win over Kentucky in week four of 2019 season.
The SEC opener was his first collegiate start, getting 305 yards of total offense and completing 17-22 passes.
He was named SEC Freshman of the Week on Monday.
Shrader is the first-ever true freshman quarterback to get the title in the school's history.
Shrader rushed for 125 yards with 11 carries in the Kentucky victory.
He was also the first in the school's history to rush for more than 100 yards and pass over 100 yards in his first career start with the Bulldogs.
MSU is now 3-1 overall and 1-0 in conference play.
- QB Garrett Shrader breaks MSU record in first start
- MSU: Garrett Shrader to miss Music City Bowl
- Maurer will start at QB for Tennessee against MSU
- QB Fitzgerald not playing in Saturday's MSU football opener
- MSU's record-breaking season ends in Tucson Regional
- Harbaugh: Patterson will start at QB for Michigan vs Irish
- Trio vying for starting QB position at ICC
- Malzahn says top camp priority is starting QB
- Mississippi State names Tommy Stevens its starting QB
- No. 1 Alabama preparing for QB Mac Jones’ starting debut