VARDAMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - Vardaman High School's football program has had some veteran head coaches over the years, as Mark Bray, Justin Hollis and Larry Gann come to mind.
Now, Brennan Pugh is leading the program.
Pugh, 25, is already familiar with Vardaman. He was an assistant with the Rams last season and played high school sports at nearby Houston.
Pugh says his youth could actually work to his advantage in his first season.
"I think it's a strength," Pugh said. "It benefits me to be to relate to them in ways some people may not be able to, but I'm definitely trying to use that to may advantage to get the most out of our guys we can."
Vardaman hosts Myrtle in the season opener Aug. 23.
- Pugh leading Rams this season
- Vardaman promotes Pugh to head football coach
- McCowan leads Bulldogs to season-opening win
- Sistrunk, Chandler leading IAHS offense this season
- Zuerlein's 57-yard field goal sends Rams to Super Bowl
- Patriots beat Rams 13-3 in lowest scoring Super Bowl ever
- Jones' swagger leading Panthers
- Stevens leads MSU past Louisiana
- Thornberry seizes lead with tournament-record round
- Patterson leads Ole Miss over Vanderbilt 57-35