A junior starting pitcher, Pilkington was named to the second team, while Price, a junior reliever, was named to the third team.
Last year’s Friday night starter, Pilkington posted a 3.08 ERA and an 8-5 record in a team-high 17 starts and 108.0 innings pitched. This summer, the Hurley, Miss. native pitched for the USA Collegiate National Team, where he collected a 2.65 ERA and held opponents to a .183 batting average in five appearances.
Coming off an All-American season in 2017, Price was placed on the NCBAW/Perfect Game third team after ranking second in the Southeastern Conference and 10th in the NCAA with 14 saves. Price posted a team-best 2.91 ERA in 34.0 innings pitched across 31 starts.
Fans can get a chance to meet Pilkington, Price and the rest of the 2018 Diamond Dawgs at the Opening Night Banquet on January 13.
- Pilkington, Price named Preseason All-Americans by Collegiate Baseball
- Caracci, Olenek named Collegiate Baseball Preseason All-Americans
- Mangum, Pilkington named Perfect Game Preseason All-Americans
- Collegiate Baseball tabs Woolfolk as Preseason All-American
- Nikhazy, Graham named Collegiate Baseball Freshman All-Americans
- Four MSU players named Collegiate Baseball All-Americans
- Mangum earns preseason honor from Collegiate Baseball News
- Ole Miss earns No. 11 preseason ranking from Collegiate Baseball
- Diamond Dawgs ranked among Collegiate Baseball's preseason Top 40
- MSU's Konnor Pilkington receives fourth preseason All-America honor