TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — John Petty scored 15 points off the bench, and Donta Hall added 11 points and 10 rebounds for a school-record fourth straight double-double as Alabama defeated No. 20 Ole Miss 74-53 on Tuesday night.
Galin Smith matched his season high with 10 points for Alabama (12-6, 3-3 Southeastern Conference). Hall had his 10th double-double of the season.
Terence Davis finished with 10 points on 3-of-5 shooting before fouling out with just over 16 minutes remaining for the Rebels (14-4, 4-2). Breein Tyree finished with nine points. Entering the game, Davis and Tyree combined for 33.7 points per game.
Alabama closed the first half with a 17-3 run and built a 16-point lead at the break.
The Crimson Tide finished with a season-high 20 offensive rebounds and outrebounded the Rebels 44-32.
Alabama took advantage of Ole Miss mistakes, scoring 23 points off 16 turnovers. The Rebels scored just six points off nine Alabama turnovers.
The 53 points was a season low for the Rebels.
PLAY OF THE GAME:
Avery Johnson Jr. drove to the baseline, floating the ball off the backboard. Donta Hall followed the ball and threw down a two-handed dunk, giving Alabama a nine-point lead midway through the first half.
Ole Miss: For the first time in their six conference games, the Rebels didn’t have a big first half, scoring just 26 points. Their previous first half low against conference opponents was 31.
Alabama: After letting several big leads slip away throughout the season, the Crimson Tide proved they could hang onto a large first-half advantage. They also proved they could make free throws when it mattered, shooting 17 for 22.
Ole Miss: Host Iowa State on Saturday in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.
Alabama: Alabama travels to Waco, Texas, to play Baylor on Saturday.
- Petty, Hall lead Alabama past No. 20 Ole Miss
- Tyree, Shuler lead Ole Miss past Missouri
- Tyree lead Ole Miss charge past past Missouri 75-67
- Mississippi St. falls to Alabama after Petty leads the Tide
- Vivians leads Mississippi State past Ole Miss 69-49
- Shuler, Davis lead Ole Miss past SE Louisiana
- Bibbins scores 23 to lead Utah past Ole Miss, 83-74
- Tyler Davis leads Texas A&M past Ole Miss 71-69
- Cunningham leads No. 11 Mizzou women past Ole Miss 67-48
- Tyree leads Ole Miss past Missouri 90-87 in overtime