UNDATED (WTVA/SEC) - Mississippi State’s Lamar Peters, a 6-foot, 185-pound sophomore guard from New Orleans, La., and Tennessee’s Admiral Schofield, a 6-foot-5, 238-pound junior wing from Zion, Ill., were named SEC Co-Basketball Players of the Week on Monday.
Peters averaged 17 points, six assists and 5.5 rebounds in wins at Texas A&M and over South Carolina. Peters keyed MSU with 15 points in the first win in program history at Texas A&M. Then, he paced MSU with 19 points as the Bulldogs rallied from 13 down to beat South Carolina in overtime.
Schofield averaged 20.5 points 7.5 rebounds and three assists in wins over Florida and at Ole Miss. Schofield’s week was highlighted by a career-high 25 points on an efficient 9-of-14 shooting against the Rebels.
Kentucky's Jarred Vanderbilt was named the SEC Freshman of the Week.
- Peters shares weekly SEC basketball honors
- Sweat, Calhoun earn SEC weekly honors
- Three Rebels earn SEC weekly honors
- Hill, Sweat collect SEC weekly honors
- Simmons, Jenkins earn SEC weekly honors
- McCowan earns eighth career SEC weekly honor
- MSU's Williams earns weekly SEC honor
- Parker Caracci, Tyler Keenan earn SEC baseball weekly honors
- Rebel golfers sweep SEC weekly awards
- Ole Miss trio garners SEC weekly accolades