INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich announced that center Javon Patterson will miss the entire season after suffering a torn ACL.
Patterson was a seventh-round draft pick, No. 246 overall, out of Ole Miss.
The Colts expected Patterson to add depth to an offensive line that returns all five starters from a group that allowed a league-low 18 sacks in 2018. Patterson signed his rookie contract May 3.
Reich also said quarterback Andrew Luck will miss his third week of offseason workouts because of a strained calf.
Reich would not say Tuesday whether Luck will return for next week's three-day minicamp.
Reich has said the Colts are playing it safe. He has said Luck would practice and play if the injury had occurred during the regular season.
- Patterson to miss rookie season with Colts
- Patterson leads Ole Miss over Vanderbilt 57-35
- Ole Miss' Patterson, Haynes honored by SEC
- Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson to transfer
- Raiders rookie Abram to miss season with shoulder injury
- Ole Miss quarterback Shea Patterson out for season with injured knee
- Report: Ole Miss grants Patterson permission to explore transfer
- Gerri Green drafted by Colts
- Patterson eligible for Mich., good news for other transfers
- Javon Patterson named to Wuerffel Trophy watch list