CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – Another preseason All-America nod is in for Parker Caracci. Ole Miss baseball's junior closer was selected to the preseason All-American First Team by Perfect Game.
Caracci is one of two relievers on the first team, joined by junior Jack Little of Stanford. The Rebel reliever is one of two Southeastern Conference players on the first team and the only pitcher. In total, the SEC placed 11 players on the three All-American squads, including three pitchers.
The redshirt junior out of Jackson, Mississippi, was selected in the 37th Round of the 2018 MLB Draft by the Toronto Blue Jays, but he elected to return to Oxford for 2019. The Jackson Prep product earned three All-America nods at the conclusion of the 2018 season. He was tabbed a second-team All-American by Baseball America and D1Baseball and was an honorable mention by Perfect Game after a breakout redshirt-sophomore campaign. He was also named second-team All-SEC and was a midseason All-American, in addition to an SEC Pitcher of the Week honor on April 2.
Caracci totaled 10 saves last year, tying him for the seventh-most in a single season in program history. Caracci also amassed 73 strikeouts in 48.0 innings pitched, compared to just 14 walks for a 5.2 strikeout-to-walk ratio. He allowed just 38 hits and maintained a 2.25 ERA.
The outstanding season earned Caracci a spot on the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team for the summer, where he posted a perfect 0.00 ERA in 9.2 innings of action, compiling a pair of saves and a .094 opposing batting average.
He'll return to lead the Rebel bullpen once again in 2019. Ole Miss opens up its 2019 campaign on Feb. 15 with a three-game series against Wright State.
- Parker Caracci named preseason first team All-American
- Parker Caracci named Second Team All-American by Baseball America
- Parker Caracci named to USA Baseball Collegiate National Team
- Caracci, Olenek named Collegiate Baseball Preseason All-Americans
- Caracci, Dillard, Mangum, Wallner named preseason All-Americans by D1Baseball
- Parker Caracci earns two more All-American honors
- Rolison named First Team Preseason All-American
- Parker Caracci, Tyler Keenan earn SEC baseball weekly honors
- Ole Miss' Parker Caracci earns second midseaon All-America nod
- Wallner, Ginn, Caracci earn preseason All-American honors from Baseball America