DURHAM, N.C. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss baseball closer Parker Caracci was named a Second Team All-American by Baseball America on Thursday.
The baseball publication designated the Rebel closer after a stellar season. The sophomore out of Jackson, Mississippi, has recorded 10 saves this season, putting him in a tie for seventh on the team’s all-time single-season charts. Behind Caracci, Ole Miss has totaled 20 saves as a team, putting it one behind the program’s single-season record of 21.
The Jackson Prep product has been rock-solid in big situations this season. Eight of his 10 saves, have come with the go-ahead run on base or at the plate. Eight of his saves have come with the tying run on base, including seven with the tying run in scoring position. Since March 15, 2014, the Rebels are 159-1 when leading going into the ninth inning.
Nine of his 10 saves have come in SEC play and seven have come against ranked opponents. Caracci has struck out 29 over 17.1 innings in those appearances. For the season, Caracci (4-2) has 68 strikeouts and just 10 walks with a 1.85 ERA.
He’ll anchor the Rebels’ back end once again as they begin postseason play on Friday at 6:30 p.m. CT, taking on Saint Louis out of the Atlantic-10 Conference in the opening round of the Oxford Regional.
- Parker Caracci named Second Team All-American by Baseball America
- Parker Caracci named to USA Baseball Collegiate National Team
- Parker Caracci named preseason first team All-American
- Ole Miss' Parker Caracci earns second midseaon All-America nod
- Parker Caracci, Tyler Keenan earn SEC baseball weekly honors
- Parker Caracci earns two more All-American honors
- Caracci, Olenek named Collegiate Baseball Preseason All-Americans
- Wallner, Ginn, Caracci earn preseason All-American honors from Baseball America
- Caracci, Dillard, Mangum, Wallner named preseason All-Americans by D1Baseball
- Grae Kessinger named College Baseball Foundation First Team All-American