OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - The accolades continue to roll in for Ole Miss closer Parker Caracci, who was named a second-team All-American by D1Baseball.com and an honorable mention All-American by Perfect Game on Wednesday.
Caracci previously earned second-team All-America honors from Baseball America, and earlier this week, he was selected to the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team.
The sophomore out of Jackson, Mississippi, recorded 10 saves this season, putting him in a tie for seventh on the team’s all-time single-season charts. Behind Caracci, Ole Miss tied the program’s single-season record with 21 saves on the year.
The Jackson Prep product was rock-solid in big situations this season. Eight of his 10 saves, came with the go-ahead run on base or at the plate. Eight of his saves came with the tying run on base, including seven with the tying run in scoring position. Since March 15, 2014, the Rebels are 160-1 when leading going into the ninth inning.
Nine of his 10 saves came in SEC play and seven were against ranked opponents. Caracci struck out 29 over 17.1 innings in those appearances. For the season, Caracci (5-2) had 73 strikeouts and just 14 walks with a 2.25 ERA. He averaged 13.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a 5.2 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
- Parker Caracci earns two more All-American honors
- Parker Caracci, Tyler Keenan earn SEC baseball weekly honors
- Ole Miss' Parker Caracci earns second midseaon All-America nod
- Parker Caracci named Second Team All-American by Baseball America
- Parker Caracci named preseason first team All-American
- Parker Caracci named to USA Baseball Collegiate National Team
- Wallner, Ginn, Caracci earn preseason All-American honors from Baseball America
- Parker, Wadlington earn Conference Player of the Week honors
- Caracci, Olenek named Collegiate Baseball Preseason All-Americans
- Caracci, Dillard, Mangum, Wallner named preseason All-Americans by D1Baseball