FULTON, Miss. (LetsGoICC.com/WTVA) - A pair of Itawamba Community College student-athletes have signed to continue their careers with Belhaven University. Men’s basketball player Joseph Jones (Tupelo) and women’s soccer player Jennifer Hosey (Richland) will look to make immediate impacts for the Blazers.
Jones played one season for the Indians after red shirting during his freshman year. The 6-foot-2 guard averaged 4.7 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. He scored a career-high 12 points three times last season and grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds against Lawson State on November 13, 2017.
Jones will be joining former teammate Tommy McCoy (Woodville) as a member of the Blazers’ basketball team next season. He was recently named to the MACJC Academic All-State team.
Hosey, a 5-foot-3 midfielder, had a medical red shirt during her sophomore season. As freshman, she played numerous positions for the Lady Indians. After both goalies went down due to injury early in the season, Hosey made an impressive 34 saves and only allowed five goals in 300 minutes in net.
Both Jones and Hosey have three years of eligibility left in their careers.
Belhaven competes in the American Southwest Conference, a Division III member of the NCAA.
- Pair of ICC student-athletes headed to Belhaven
- ICC's Koehn to continue soccer career at Belhaven
- South Pontotoc tennis pair commit to ICC
- Nettleton's Owens signs with Belhaven football
- UPDATE: ICC family grieves following student-athlete's death
- Sixty-nine ICC student-athletes earn conference academic honors
- ICC's Springfield earns pair of national softball awards
- ICC softball splits pair of games at NJCAA World Series
- Tupelo girls soccer trio headed to ICC
- ICC sweeps Coahoma