OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - The two opening games of the NCAA Oxford Regional have been postponed until Saturday due to heavy rain.
No. 2 seed Tennessee Tech and No. 3 seed Missouri State will play at noon CT, and top-seeded Ole Miss will take on No. 4 seed Saint Louis, set for a 6 p.m. CT start.
The Golden Eagles and Bears were originally set for a 2 p.m. CT start on Friday, but heavy rains poured down on Swayze Field, pushing the action to Saturday.
Three games will be played on Sunday with times to be determined.
Friday’s Game 1 and Game 2 tickets will be used for the corresponding games on Saturday. Diamond and Dugout Club members will use their Day 2 tickets, labeled “CLUB02.”
All chairs must be cleared from the outfield Friday evening.
OXFORD REGIONAL SCHEDULE (Times CT)
Saturday – June 2
GAME 1: Missouri State vs. Tennessee Tech – Noon
GAME 2: Saint Louis vs. Ole Miss – 6 p.m.
Sunday – June 3
GAME 3: Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser – Noon
GAME 4: Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner - 4 p.m.
GAME 5: Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Loser - 8 p.m.
Monday – June 4
GAME 6: Game 4 Winner vs. Game 5 Winner – Noon
GAME 7 (if necessary): Game 6 Winner vs. Game 6 Loser - 6 p.m.
- Oxford Regional games postponed to Saturday
- ICC basketball games postponed to Saturday
- Tulane opener postponed to Saturday at noon
- Northeast basketball games at East Mississippi postponed
- NCAA Oxford Regional begins Friday for Ole Miss Baseball
- Ole Miss downs Saint Louis in Oxford Regional
- Wilcox memorial service postponed
- Ole Miss baseball game at Memphis postponed to Wednesday
- Friday game postponed for Ole Miss, MSU baseball
- Game 1 of College World Series finals postponed by rain