OXFORD, Miss. (Ole Miss Athletics/WTVA) - Ole Miss women’s basketball head coach Yolett McPhee-McCuin has announced the addition of Cincinnati transfer Andeija Puckett on Friday. Puckett will have to sit out the 2019-20 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
Puckett, a 6-2 center originally from Griffin, Georgia, played in all 35 games for Cincinnati in 2018-19 on a Bearcat team that went 24-11 and advanced to the quarterfinal of the WNIT.
“Andeijah is a huge late pickup for us, and I’m glad that we had a scholarship available for her,” McPhee-McCuin said. “She’s tough, athletic, and will transition well with the post play in the SEC. I am excited that we’ll have a redshirt year to work with her and improve her skill. ‘Deijah’ will be ready to impact us immediately.”
Puckett averaged 4.4 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in 10.2 average minutes of action through 35 games her sophomore year, starting in one at Saint Louis on Nov. 18. She poured in a career-high 16 points and hauled in six boards in the first round of the WNIT vs. Youngstown State on March 21, which helped set up the first back-to-back postseason wins in program history before falling to TCU in the quarterfinal.
Coming out of Griffin High School in Georgia, Puckett was rated as a three-star recruit by ESPN after a historic career at Griffin. She left as the all-time leader in scoring (1,330) and rebounds (790) after averaging 18.0 points and 10.0 rebounds alongside 5.0 blocks and 3.0 steals.
- Ole Miss women's basketball announces Cincinnati transfer Andeija Puckett
- Ole Miss women’s basketball adds Georgia transfer
- Ole Miss women's basketball announces 2019 SEC schedule
- Ole Miss women’s basketball announces 2020 SEC schedule
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- Ole Miss softens stance on transfer restrictions
- Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson to transfer
- Yolett McPhee-McCuin introduced as Ole Miss' women's basketball coach
- Ole Miss women’s basketball holds first practice of season
- Ole Miss men's/women's basketball holds media day