OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — Markel Crawford scored 16 points to lead four in double figures as Ole Miss beat Sam Houston State 82-69 on Wednesday night.
The Rebels (5-4) snapped a three-game losing streak, taking a 39-33 halftime lead and stretched it by as many as 20 points midway through the second half. Devontae Shuler scored 14 points, Bruce Stevens added 13 and Deandre Burnett had 12 points in a balanced attack.
Chris Galbreath Jr. had a game-high 22 points and nine rebounds for Sam Houston State (5-5). John Dewey III and Cameron Delaney had 12 points apiece as the Bearkats finished 26 of 64 (40 percent) from the field. Dewey had 10 of the Bearkats' 19 assists.
The Rebels shot 31 of 60 (52 percent) from the field, 10 of 29 (35 percent) from 3-point range, including 4-of-8 shooting from Crawford. Ole Miss outrebounded the Bearkats 43-30, including a team-high nine from Marcanvis Hymon.
Sam Houston State: The Bearkats, after falling behind 30-11 in the opening eight minutes, rallied to get within 43-37 early in the second half. Galbreath, a slender, quick 6-7 senior forward followed up a 24-point, 10-rebound performance against Baylor with another strong performance. The Bearkats, with nine underclassmen in the playing rotation, could not match up on the perimeter to mount a serious second-half challenge.
Ole Miss: The Rebels had two impressive individual offensive surges.
Crawford nailed three consecutive 3-point shots in 44 seconds to help build an insurmountable 19-point lead in the first half. Stevens had three baskets, including a dunk, in the opening three minutes of the second half to preserve a safe cushion. The Rebels are 6-0 overall against Sam Houston State and 55-3 against Southland Conference teams.
Sam Houston State: The Bearkats host Little Rock on Friday.
Ole Miss: The Rebels host Illinois State on Saturday.
- Ole Miss with balanced attack, beats Sam Houston State
- Mississippi State downs Sam Houston State at Frisco Classic
- Victory over Sam Houston State clinches weekend sweep for MSU
- Ole Miss softball toppled by Houston in Mexico
- Ole Miss rallies to beat Mississippi State 64-58
- Mississippi State jumps out early, beats Ole Miss 79-62
- Mississippi State beats Ole Miss 35-3 in Egg Bowl
- Holly Ward, Bulldogs blank Sam Houston State in Bulldog Slamboree finale
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn
- Ole Miss baseball routs Georgia State