OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss has softened its stance on transfer restrictions.
The athletic department originally forbade players from transferring to SEC schools or teams that the Rebels will play in the next two seasons.
In a statement to Yahoo! Sports, athletic director Ross Bjork confirmed players are free to transfer to any school.
Rising seniors can transfer without penalty. Underclassmen will have to receive a waiver from the NCAA to be immediately eligible to play.
Multiple reports state that Shea Patterson, Van Jefferson, and Deontay Anderson will visit Michigan this weekend.
- Ole Miss softens stance on transfer restrictions
- Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson to transfer
- Report: Ole Miss grants Patterson permission to explore transfer
- Ole Miss softball inks oregon transfer Alyssa Pinto
- Ole Miss women’s basketball adds Georgia transfer
- Ole Miss women's basketball announces Cincinnati transfer Andeija Puckett
- Ole Miss wins NCAA appeal; penalty restricting unofficial visits overturned
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn
- Olejniczak, Halums and Naylor to transfer from Ole Miss men's basketball program
- Bulldogs land UConn transfer