OXFORD, Miss. (Ole Miss Athletics/WTVA) - On Monday, Ole Miss softball head coach Mike Smith announced the addition of former Oregon Duck outfielder Alyssa Pinto. Pinto will come to Ole Miss as a freshman and will be immediately eligible this spring.
Pinto, the No. 72 ranked player in the Class of 2018 according to FloSoftball, originally signed with Oregon in the winter of 2017 and joined the Ducks this fall before deciding to transfer. The left-handed outfielder did not compete for Oregon during the "fall ball" season.
The daughter of a military family, Pinto competed for four different high schools in four years, helping her teams to capture a pair of state championships. She concluded her high school career in the Golden State, graduating from Lodi High School in Lodi, California.
"We are excited to add more depth to our outfield with a top-100 player in Alyssa," said Smith. "She brings championship experience and success. Alyssa is a hard-nosed player that loves the opportunity to play in the SEC and become one of the best in the country. Alyssa is another piece of the puzzle to help us become one of the elite teams in the nation."
- Ole Miss softball inks oregon transfer Alyssa Pinto
- Ole Miss softens stance on transfer restrictions
- Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson to transfer
- Ole Miss football inks 15 during December signing period
- Ole Miss men's basketball inks forward KJ Buffen
- Ole Miss men's basketball inks Carlos Curry to NLI
- Ole Miss women's basketball inks four in fall signing period
- Ole Miss softball earns Saturday sweep
- Ole Miss softball blanks South Carolina 1-0
- Ole Miss softball announces 2019 schedule