OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) -- Ole Miss had the 17th ranked team in the nation on the ropes at home on Tuesday night, but squandered a double-digit second half lead and lost in double-overtime, 83-82.
As a team, the Rebels had one of their best outputs of the season with four players scoring double-digits, including Devonta Shuler, who scored a game high 26 points.
Auburn tied the game up at 64 apiece with two minutes left to play and took the lead with under a minute to play. Two Shuler free throws sent the game into overtime.
With the momentum, the Tigers jumped out to a five point lead in the first overtime. Shuler came up big for the Rebels again, scoring the period's final five points to force a second overtime.
In this overtime, Ole Miss secured the lead early in the period, but a Isaac Okoro old-fashioned three-point-play with a 1:41 proved to be the backbreaker for the Rebels.
Ole Miss falls to 10-10 on the season and 1-6 in conference. They're back on the court on Saturday against 22nd ranked LSU in Baton Rouge.
- Ole Miss loses in double-OT to #17 Auburn
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Tyree, Ole Miss clamp down on Auburn
- Ole Miss falls to No.11 Auburn
- Silva's double-double helps South Carolina hold off Ole Miss
- Ole Miss women lose at LSU
- Ole Miss softball loses 9-1 to Arizona
- Murray rallies No. 22 Auburn over Ole Miss 85-70