OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss head men's basketball coach Kermit Davis announced that Luis Rodriguez has signed his National Letter of Intent and will join the Rebels for the upcoming season. Rodriguez, a Los Angeles native, spent the past season at Woodstock Academy in Connecticut.
“Luis is a very tough, physical, competitive athlete that played on an outstanding prep team at Woodstock,” said Davis. “His versatility offensively and defensively fits extremely well with our style of play on both ends. He’s a person with high character, and we’re really excited for Luis to join Ole Miss Basketball.”
Rodriguez is a four-star small forward and the No. 1 player out of the state of Connecticut (No. 143 nationally) according to 247Sports. The 6-foot-6 wing is listed at No. 189 in 247Sports Composite rankings, which is a combination of rankings and ratings from multiple major recruiting sites. Rivals.com listed Rodriguez as a three-star guard.
Last year, Rodriguez averaged 14 points per game, seven rebounds per game and three assists per game at Woodstock Academy. Earning first team all-conference honors, Rodriguez led Woodstock to a 35-5 record and a Power 5 Conference title. Finishing the year as the No. 3 prep school in the country after a month ranked in the top spot, Woodstock also captured the Brewster Invitational behind Rodriguez’s play on the hardwood.
Prior to making his way across the United States to Connecticut, Rodriguez played at Westchester High School in Los Angeles. In his final season of high school, he led Westchester to a spot in the state championship game.
- Ole Miss hoops adds Luis Rodriguez to incoming class
- Franco Miller Jr. joins incoming 2018 hoops class at Ole Miss
- Davis adds Case, Hamilton to Ole Miss hoops staff
- Reports: Ole Miss hires Rich Rodriguez as offensive coordinator
- Ole Miss hires Rich Rodriguez as offensive coordinator
- Ole Miss football adds seven to 2018 signing class
- Ole Miss hoops announces non-conference schedule
- Khadim Sy signs with Ole Miss hoops
- Ole Miss hoops announces home schedule
- SEC schedule announced for Ole Miss hoops