OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss football officially kicked off fall camp with a two-hour practice Friday morning at the Ole Miss practice fields.
With the season opener in Houston, Texas, just 29 days away, Ole Miss has four weeks to prepare to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders on Sept. 1. Kickoff is slated for 11 a.m. and will be televised on ESPN.
The Rebels also added some depth to its defensive line with the signing of Tariqious Tisdale, a junior college transfer from Northwest Mississippi Community College. Tisdale, who tore his ACL just five months before the start of the 2017 season, still managed to record 31 tackles, including five sacks and 11 tackles for loss for the Rangers as a freshman.
A product of Lexington High School in Lexington, Tennessee, Tisdale was named Class 4A Region 7 Defensive Lineman of the Year as a senior in 2015 and was rated a three-star defensive end by all scouting services.
“We’re really excited about the signing of Tariqious,” said Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke. “He has already joined the team and reported for the start fall camp, so that was a huge get."
Ole Miss’ annual Meet the Rebels is scheduled for Saturday, Aug 11, at 1 p.m. in the Manning Center. To purchase tickets for the 2018 season, visit OleMissTix.com or call 888-REB-TKTS.
- Ole Miss football kicks off practice, adds JUCO defensive lineman
- Ole Miss football kicks off spring practice
- JUCO All-American signs with Ole Miss softball
- Ole Miss football holds first fall practice
- Ole Miss baseball opens practice
- Ole Miss football adds seven to 2018 signing class
- Ole Miss adds Tyler Siskey to football staff
- MSU kicks off fall football practice
- MSU football kicks off fall practice
- MSU lineman suspended