OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - Ole Miss football officially kicked off fall camp with a 120-minute practice Friday morning at the Ole Miss practice fields.
With the season opener in Memphis, Tenn., just 29 days away, Ole Miss has four weeks to prepare to square off against Memphis on Aug. 31. Kickoff is slated for 11 a.m. and will be televised on ABC-WTVA.
Luke and the Rebels return a total of 66 lettermen and 11 position starters in 2019. A large portion of Ole Miss' experience is on the defensive side of the ball as the Rebels bring back 33 letterwinners and eight starters from the 2018 Landshark defense.
Nearly half of the returning defensive players, 19, have starting experience and should provide quality depth for MacIntyre as the Rebels transition to a 3-4 base defensive system.
On the offensive side of the ball, Rodriguez and the Rebels will have some big shoes to fill with the loss of eight starters, including All-America performers A.J. Brown and Greg Little. After Jordan Ta'amu lit up the scoreboard in 2018, finishing fourth in the country in passing yards per game (326.5), the Rebels hope another first-year starter finds the same success.
Redshirt fresman Matt Corral is back after appearing in four games last season. In a few spot appearances in 2018, Corral was 16-of-22 through the air for 239 yards and two TDs.
Ole Miss' annual Meet the Rebels is scheduled for Saturday, Aug 10, at 2 p.m. in the Manning Center. To purchase tickets for the 2018 season, visit OleMissTix.com or call 888-REB-TKTS.
- Ole Miss football holds first fall practice
- Ole Miss football kicks off spring practice
- Ole Miss baseball opens practice
- Ole Miss women’s basketball holds first practice of season
- Ole Miss football kicks off practice, adds JUCO defensive lineman
- Ole Miss falls to LSU
- MSU kicks off fall football practice
- MSU football kicks off fall practice
- New Ole Miss football coordinators hold news conference
- Fall camp officially begins for Ole Miss football