OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - Following his dominating performance on opening night, Rebel Baseball LHP Ryan Rolison has been named SEC Pitcher of the Week, the league office announced Monday.
The southpaw threw 5.0 scoreless innings with a career-high 12 strikeouts in a 7-3 season-opening win. He led all SEC pitchers on the weekend with his 12 strikeouts, which were the most for any Ole Miss pitcher in the past two years, and the most in a season-opener since 2008 (Lance Lynn).
The Jackson, Tennessee, native caught 10 of the 12 batters swinging, and allowed only one hit, a leadoff double in the third. He averaged well over two strikeouts per frame and led the Rebels to a 17-strikeout performance for the opening-night victory.
The conference honor marks the second of Rolison’s young career, after he picked up SEC Freshman of the Week honors on April 24 last season. He’s the third pitcher in the last two seasons to earn pitcher of the week, after David Parkinson (March 13) and James McArthur (May 1) did it in 2017.
- Ole Miss' Rolison named SEC Pitcher of the Week
- Ole Miss' Kaitlin Lee tabbed SEC Pitcher of the Week
- Ole Miss' Rolison, Woolfolk earn preseason honors from Baseball America
- Rolison named First Team Preseason All-American
- Harding named MACJC Pitcher of the Week
- Burns named MACJC pitcher of the week
- Ole Miss softball's Becker, Cox named Preseason All-SEC
- Ole Miss' Patterson, Haynes honored by SEC
- Ole Miss trio garners SEC weekly accolades
- Ole Miss tennis' Sabina Machalova named SEC Freshman of the Week