SPRING, Texas (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - Parker Caracci was named to D1Baseball.com’s Midseason All-America Team on Thursday, the third major honor in the past week for Ole Miss baseball’s redshirt sophomore right-hander.
Caracci’s week began with an SEC Pitcher of the Week nod, followed by a second-team Midseason All-American distinction from Perfect Game/Rawlings. Caracci, a native of Jackson, Mississippi, is one of five SEC representatives on the D1Baseball.com list.
Caracci emerged this season as a dominant arm out of the Ole Miss bullpen after not making the Rebel roster the two seasons prior. The redshirt sophomore has used an overpowering fastball in six straight successful save opportunities, tying him for second in the SEC in saves. Five of Caracci’s six saves have come in SEC play.
Through 20.1 innings, Caracci has carried a 0.89 ERA, allowing just three runs, two of which have been earned. Caracci has struck out 38 while walking just three along the way for a strikeout-to-walk ratio of 12.7. He is averaging 16.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
Last week, the Jackson Prep product earned saves in all three of the Rebels’ wins, all one-run contests against nationally ranked opponents. He didn’t allow an earned run in 4.2 innings of work, walking two and striking out five to become the first reliever named SEC Pitcher of the Week this season.
Caracci’s week began with a five-out save on Tuesday in which he stymied a strong offensive club in No. 14 Southern Miss to preserve a 7-6 win. The highlight of his week came in Game 2 against Arkansas, one of the best offensive teams in college baseball. Caracci struck out the side in the ninth inning as part of a six-out save. He was thrust back into action the next day, shutting the door on a wild 11-10 win to give Ole Miss its third straight SEC series victory.
- Ole Miss' Parker Caracci earns second midseaon All-America nod
- Parker Caracci, Tyler Keenan earn SEC baseball weekly honors
- Parker Caracci earns two more All-American honors
- Parker Caracci named Second Team All-American by Baseball America
- Parker Caracci named to USA Baseball Collegiate National Team
- Parker Caracci named preseason first team All-American
- Ole Miss' Rolison, Woolfolk earn preseason honors from Baseball America
- Ole Miss duo earns FWAA All-America honors
- Ole Miss' Brown, Little earn Phil Steele All-America honors
- Wallner, Ginn, Caracci earn preseason All-American honors from Baseball America