OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss sophomore D.K. Metcalf was one of 11 receivers added to the Biletnikoff Award Watch List, the Tallahassee Quarterback Club Foundation announced on Tuesday.
The award annually recognizes the outstanding receiver in college football. Metcalf joins fellow wide receiver A.J. Brown to the watch list for the prestigious award.
The recipient is selected by the highly distinguished Biletnikoff Award National Selection Committee, a group of prominent college football journalists, commentators, announcers, Biletnikoff Award winners, and other former receivers. Any player, regardless of position (wide receiver, tight end, slot back, and running back) who catches a pass is eligible for the award.
The Oxford, Mississippi, native has hauled in 18 catches for 368 yards during the Rebels’ first four contests. His four touchdown receptions is second in the SEC and is 13th nationally. Metcalf has a reception of 40-plus yards in all four games played this season and has scored a TD in five straight dating back to last year.
Metcalf is coming off a game vs. Kent State in which he tallied six catches for a game-high 102 yards and one touchdown.
The 2018 Biletnikoff Award winner will be presented live on Dec. 6, 2018, on The Home Depot College Football Awards presented by Gildan, which will be televised on ESPN. College and pro football hall of famer Fred Biletnikoff will announce the 2018 Biletnikoff Award winner on the show.
- Ole Miss’ D.K. Metcalf added to Biletnikoff Award Watch List
- Ole Miss’ A.J. Brown named to Biletnikoff Award Watch List
- Ole Miss wide receiver D.K. Metcalf out for season
- D.K. Metcalf shines at NFL Scouting Combine
- Rebels' Brown named to Biletnikoff Award Watch List
- Ole Miss' A.J. Brown named semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
- Ta'amu added to Manning Award watch list
- Ole Miss’ Metcalf earns SEC All-Freshman honors
- Ole Miss' Brown, MSU trio named to preseason watch lists
- Ole Miss' Raven Saunders named to Bowerman preseason watch list