STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Teaira McCowan and Victoria Vivians each scored 19 points and No. 7 Mississippi State shot nearly 66 percent from the floor in a 106-50 victory over Georgia State on Thursday night.
Blair Schaefer added 14 points on 4-of-8 shooting from 3-point range for the Bulldogs (2-0).
The Bulldogs were in control from start to finish, simply overpowering the Panthers (0-2) inside and outside. Sophomore center Zion Campbell had her first career double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds in a career-high 25 minutes.
Mississippi State led 30-11 after one quarter and pushed that lead to 63-22 by halftime.
Mississippi State set a school record for shooting accuracy with its 40-of-61 performance. The Bulldogs also had a 38-21 rebounding advantage.
Shay Fluker who had 12 points for Georgia State. Jada Lewis had 11 points and Kierra Henry 10.
Mississippi State: The Bulldogs won their 26th-straight nonconference home game and their 24th-straight nonconference regular-season contest.
Georgia State: The Panthers lost to Florida in their season opener and had an even tougher time against their second straight SEC opponent. Georgia State had 28 turnovers and shot just 15 of 47 (32 percent) from the field.
Mississippi State hosts Southern Miss on Sunday.
Georgia State travels to Georgia Tech on Tuesday.
- Mississippi State defeats Georgia 72-57
- No. 7 Mississippi State women down Georgia State
- No. 7 Mississippi State rallies past Georgia
- Mississippi State women defeat Jackson State 105-38
- Mississippi State women remain perfect in Cancun
- Mississippi State women defeat South Carolina 67-53
- Mississippi State women rout Texas 67-49
- Weatherspoon, Holman power Mississippi State past North Georgia
- Mississippi State softball falls in series finale against Georgia
- Weatherspoon's late free throw lifts Mississippi State past Georgia