STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) - Lamar Peters and Aric Holman each scored 19 points, and No. 17 Mississippi State beat Wofford 98-87 on Wednesday night for its seventh consecutive win.
The Bulldogs (10-1) rallied from a 12-point deficit early in the second half. Quinndary Weatherspoon made 14 of 15 foul shots on his way to 18 points, and Nick Weatherspoon and Reggie Perry each had 12 points for the Bulldogs.
Fletcher Magee scored 24 points for Wofford (9-4), and Cameron Jackson finished with 20. Nathan Hoover had 15 points for the Terriers in their first-ever meeting with Mississippi State.
Wofford shot 62 percent in the first half and led 50-41 at the break. But it couldn't keep up with Mississippi State down the stretch.
- No. 17 Mississippi State beats Wofford 98-87
- Kentucky shuts down Magee, beats Wofford 62-56
- No. 22 Mississippi State beats McNeese State
- Weatherspoon, No. 17 Mississippi State hold off Wright State
- Mullen, Florida beat Mississippi State 13-6
- No. 18 Mississippi State beats Cincinnati 70-59
- Carter's 35 points help Mississippi State beat North Dakota State
- Mississippi State beats Green Bay 77-68 behind Ado
- Ole Miss rallies to beat Mississippi State 64-58
- Mississippi State women rally to beat Missouri 57-53