NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Amber Smith had 16 points, nine rebounds and five assists and No. 14 Missouri beat Ole Miss 59-50 in the second round of the SEC Tournament on Thursday night.
Sophie Cunningham added all 11 of her points in the second half and sixth-seeded Missouri advanced the quarterfinals to face No. 3 seed Georgia on Friday night. During the regular season, Missouri lost its only meeting with Georgia on the road 62-50.
Missouri never trailed although 14th-seeded Ole Miss closed the first half on a 12-3 run to go into halftime down 28-26. The Tigers outscored the Rebels 13-4 in the third quarter and mostly led in double digits throughout the fourth.
Smith was 6 of 9 from the field and the Tigers made 17 of 35 in winning their first SEC Tournament game in six tries.
Madinah Muhammad had 20 points and Alissa Alston added 10 for the Rebels.
- No. 14 Missouri women beat Ole Miss 59-50
- Ole Miss beats Missouri 75-65 to win fourth straight
- Ole Miss women go to Philly and beat Temple 64-48
- No. 20 A&M women beat Ole Miss 72-60
- No. 4 Ole Miss baseball rallies to beat No. 14 Southern Miss
- Tyree, Shuler lead Ole Miss past Missouri
- Ole Miss women defeat Delaware State 110-58
- Ole Miss women outlast South Alabama 66-59
- Ole Miss women fall to Oregon 90-46
- Ole Miss women fall 69-45 at Georgia