NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - New Albany High School's football team enters division play this Friday against Senatobia with a 4-2 record, which includes three straight wins.
Quarterback Loden Bolen has been a key to the Bulldogs' recent success. Over the last three games, Bolen has thrown 12 touchdowns with no interceptions.
Last Friday, Bolen was 10-of-15 for 201 yards and three touchdowns in a win over East Union. Bolen is this week's Premier Athletix Impact Player of the Week.
Bolen says he's enjoying his senior season so far.
"It's a little bit better than I expected, to be honest," Bolen said. "I had some personal goals, and I'm on track for those, and it's been a really fun year, not only for me, but for my team, as far as winning games. I'm happy about it so far, but hopefully, I can keep it going."
"He's a leader. We get in here and try to work hard, and he's one of the guys that's pushing them, so guys respond well to him," said New Albany head coach Cody Stubblefield. "They listen to him, so he's good to have on the field and off as well."
- New Albany's Bolen off to big start in senior season
- Hill, Thompson announce return for senior seasons
- New Albany volleyball team off to a hot start
- Montez Sweat returning to Mississippi State for senior season
- Davis to return for senior season with Rebels
- Ryan Olenek returning to Ole Miss for senior season
- Hunter Stovall will forgo senior season at Mississippi State
- Hill steps down at New Albany
- Two-A-Days: Okolona, New Albany
- New Albany deeper heading into 2019