OXFORD, Miss. (Ole Miss Athletics/WTVA) - For the second time in program history, the Ole Miss Softball Complex will play host to an NCAA Regional, with the Rebels being selected as the No. 11 overall seed in the 2019 NCAA Softball Championship on Sunday.
The Rebels will host No. 2 seed Louisiana (50-4, 25-0 Sun Belt), No. 3 seed Southeast Missouri State (45-16, 17-5 OVC) and No. 4 seed Chattanooga (37-15, 11-7 SoCon). Louisiana and SEMO will open the regional on Friday at 3:30 p.m. CT, with Ole Miss taking on Chattanooga later that night at 6 p.m. CT.
The Rebels will be competing in their fourth straight NCAA regional, the only four tournament appearances in the history of Ole Miss Softball. The Rebels hosted their first ever regional in 2017, hot off of the program's only SEC Tournament Championship, claiming three straight games to advance to a Super Regional.
Ole Miss sits at 37-17 on the season, garnering a 13-10 record in SEC play to finish fifth in the league, the highest finish in program history. Of the Rebels' 37 wins, 12 came against ranked teams.
For the third consecutive season, all 13 teams from the SEC received a bid to the NCAA Tournament, with Florida, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee and Kentucky joining Ole Miss as regional hosts.
- NCAA softball regional returning to Oxford
- Rebel softball meets with media ahead of NCAA Oxford Regional
- NCAA Oxford Regional begins Friday for Ole Miss Baseball
- Tennessee Tech wins NCAA opener in Oxford
- Oxford Regional games postponed to Saturday
- Ole Miss learns Oxford Regional opponents
- Ole Miss among NCAA baseball regional hosts
- Ole Miss named NCAA Regional host
- NCAA Fayetteville Super Regional schedule set
- NCAA Starkville Super Regional schedule set