COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus High School is parting ways with head football coach Randal Montgomery after four seasons.
Montgomery confirmed to WTVA a report from the Commercial Dispatch on Tuesday. He says he was told the school wanted to go in a different direction.
Montgomery led the Falcons to a couple of playoff appearances but went 2-9 with a young team this season.
- Montgomery won't return as Columbus football coach
- Columbus hires new head football coach
- Montgomery joins Starkville High football staff
- Tony Hughes returns to MSU as assistant football coach
- Aberdeen football coach steps down
- Louisville's Miller set to retire after 2018 season; names Randal Montgomery head-coach-in-waiting
- Longtime football coach Jimmy Mitchell dies
- 2018 Coaches All-SEC Football Team announced
- Calhoun City names new head football coach
- Nouxbee County names new head football coach