STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi State forward Chloe Bibby will miss the rest of the season because of a left knee injury.
The school announced the extent of the injury on Friday. The 6-foot-1 Bibby fell awkwardly after pivoting during the opening minute of Thursday night's game against South Carolina, clutching her leg in obvious pain. She had to be helped off the floor and didn't return.
Chloe Bibby | Photo: HailState.com
The sophomore played in 18 games this season. Coming into the South Carolina game, she was averaging 12.6 points and was one of the team's few reliable 3-point shooters, shooting 45 percent behind the arc.
The seventh-ranked Bulldogs (17-1, 5-0 Southeastern Conference) have a week off before traveling to face Florida on Thursday.
- Mississippi State's Bibby out for season with knee injury
- McCowan, Bibby lead MSU women to win in Italy opener
- Tagovailoa out for season after hip injury vs Mississippi State
- Former MSU star Jeffery Simmons suffers knee injury
- Alabama LB Dylan Moses out indefinitely with knee injury
- AP source: Raiders OL Jackson out 8 weeks with knee injury
- SEC statement on injury to Mississippi State's Nick Weatherspoon
- Ole Miss quarterback Shea Patterson out for season with injured knee
- Montez Sweat returning to Mississippi State for senior season
- Mississippi State women wrap up SEC regular-season title