STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) -- J'Von McCormick scored a career-high 28 points to lead No. 8 Auburn to an 80-68 win over Mississippi State in the Southeastern Conference opener for both teams.
Auburn placed five players in double figures. Samir Doughty had 15 points, and Isaac Okoro finished with 14. Danjel Purifoy scored 11 points, and Austin Wiley had 10 points and five blocked shots.
McCormick went 9 for 17 from the field and 8 for 11 at the line. The senior guard also had four assists and two steals
- Mississippi State falls to No. 8 Auburn 80-68
- Auburn rallies to upend Mississippi State 76-68
- McCowan powers Mississippi State women past Auburn 85-59
- Mississippi State baseball moves Friday game time vs. Auburn
- Nix helps No. 7 Auburn rout Mississippi State
- Three-point barrage lifts Mississippi State past Auburn 92-84
- Brown scores 24 as Auburn holds off Mississippi State 80-75
- Mississippi State baseball drops series opener to Auburn
- Mississippi State's rally falls short at Alabama
- Mississippi State falls 19-3 at LSU