FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – Itawamba Community College sophomore forward Taneshia Miller was named Mississippi Association of Community and Junior College (MACJC) Women’s Basketball Player of the Week in a league announcement Tuesday.
The Greenville native averaged a double-double last week scoring 26 points and grabbing 21 rebounds while helping the Lady Indians (10-2, 6-1 MACJC North) pick up a wins over Baton Rouge (La.) Community College and Northeast Mississippi Community College.
Against Baton Rouge, Miller scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds while picking up five steals, four blocks and three assists in the 79-57 victory.
Miller had a 12-points, 11-rebound performance in the 66-61 win over Northeast and grabbed a career-high six steals and picked up a two blocks and two assists.
This season, Miller is averaging 9.9 points and 9.3 rebounds per game and has had a double-double in the last four games.
After having the first half of the week off, Miller and the Lady Indians will host Mississippi Delta Community College in a division showdown Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Miller named MACJC Player of the Week
- Buford named MACJC Player of the Week
- EMCC’s Josh Miller named MACJC Special Teams Player of the Week
- ICC's Little named MACJC men's soccer player of the week
- ICC's Heard named MACJC Defensive Player of the Week
- ICC's Halums named MACJC Player of the Week
- ICC midfielder named MACJC Player of the Week
- Clark Mills named MACJC Offensive Player of the Week
- Itawamba's Kirkwood named MACJC Player of the Week
- ICC's Lancaster named MACJC Baseball Player of the Week