MERIDIAN, Miss. (WTVA) - Meridian High School point guard Miles Miller tweeted Thursday that he would be joining the Ole Miss basketball program.
Miller is expected to arrive on campus in August and will redshirt this coming season, according to Rebels 24/7.com.
A former Navy commitment, Miller made news in the spring when he was shot at a Waffle House in Meridian on the night of his senior prom.
Miller averaged 19 points, five assists and four rebounds per game last season at Meridian and was selected to play in the Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game.
Miller is the cousin of former Ole Miss quarterback Romaro Miller and the nephew of former Rebel wide receiver Jamie Armstrong.
- Meridian's Miller to join Ole Miss basketball
- Joiner officially joins Ole Miss basketball
- Franco Miller Jr. joins incoming 2018 hoops class at Ole Miss
- UPDATE: Clark joins Ole Miss football staff
- Ole Miss to honor Kellum, Miller on Saturday
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- Joiner commits to Ole Miss basketball
- Columbus boys defeat Meridian for Class 6A basketball title
- Dana Rieger joins Ole Miss women's basketball staff as director of operations
- Ole Miss golfer Thornberry joins North Mississippi Classic field