STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Teaira McCowan notched her 43rd career double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds, and sixth-ranked Mississippi State rolled past Furman 106-41 on Wednesday.
The Bulldogs (5-0) used a 30-0 run over 12 minutes of the first and second quarters to run away from the Paladins. Mississippi State led 60-18 at halftime.
The Bulldogs closed the third quarter on a 16-0 run and had 18 points in the period from McCowan for an 88-26 advantage.
Le'Jzae Davidson scored 17 points on 5-of-17 shooting from 3-point range to lead Furman (2-3).
Five Bulldogs scored in double figures. Chloe Bibby had a career-high 21 points on 5-of-6 shooting from long range. Andra Espinoza-Hunter had 14 points, Anriel Howard scored 12 and Myah Taylor had 10.
Mississippi State went 12 of 20 from 3-point range and shot 63 percent from the field. The Bulldogs out-rebounded the Paladins 45-24, forced 26 turnovers and dished out 28 assists.
Furman: Davidson enjoyed a solid 33 minutes of action against a top-10 team, but Furman otherwise had few positive takeaways.
Mississippi State: It was another tune-up game for a Bulldogs, who will see their schedule strengthen in December when they face Texas, Oregon and Marquette over a span of four games.
Furman travels to College of Charleston on Saturday.
Mississippi State hosts Jackson State on Saturday.
- McCowan, No. 6 MSU roll past Furman
- Vivians, McCowan lead MSU past Columbia
- McCowan leads Mississippi State past South Carolina
- MSU rolls past UNLV in Duel In Desert opener
- McCowan's 30-20 day leads MSU to road win at LSU
- McCowan, Bibby lead MSU women to win in Italy opener
- MSU's McCowan named SEC Player of the Year
- McCowan leads No. 3 Bulldogs past Louisiana in Jackson
- McCowan, Bulldogs power past TK Hannover in Florence
- McCowan powers Mississippi State women past Auburn 85-59