TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Elijah MacNamee hit a three-run homer to left field with two outs in the ninth, and Mississippi State beat Florida State 3-2 on Saturday to eliminate the No. 7 national seed from the NCAA Tournament's Tallahassee Regional.
Jake Mangum and Hunter Stovall got on via walks before MacNamee hit a 1-2 pitch from Florida State's Drew Parrish off the scoreboard. Parrish had blanked the Bulldogs for the first eight innings but came out for the ninth despite a 2½-hour rain delay after the eighth.
Parrish, a sophomore left-hander who fell to 5-1, allowed four hits, struck out eight and walked two in 133 pitches, with 93 being strikes.
Mississippi State (32-26) will face the Oklahoma-Samford loser on Sunday. The Seminoles finish the season 43-19.
Nick Derr got Florida State's first run in the third when he doubled, advanced to third on a wild pitch and scored on a throwing error by Mississippi State catcher Marshall Gilbert. The Seminoles added a run in the fifth when Rhett Aplin's single drove in J.C. Flowers.
Riley Self (4-0) got the win with three shutout innings.
- MacNamee's homer lifts MSU past Florida State
- Quinndary Weatherspoon's last-second 3 lifts MSU past JSU
- Hatcher homers twice as MSU downs UCSB 7-4
- Martin, Wilson homer in Arkansas's 8-2 win over Florida
- Mullen leaving MSU for Florida
- MacNamee Plays Hero Again In State’s Super Walk-Off Win
- Mississippi State baseball’s MacNamee earns SEC Player of the Week
- Three-point barrage lifts Mississippi State past Auburn 92-84
- Weatherspoon's late free throw lifts Mississippi State past Georgia
- Weatherspoon lifts No. 24 Mississippi State over Florida