UNIONTOWN, Pa. (WTVA/Owls Communications) – Qiayon Bailey scored a game-high 28 points to lead Mississippi University For Women's basketball team to a 69-46 victory over Maine – Fort Kent in the USCAA National Championship Game on Saturday.
Bailey, a West Point, Miss. native, went 12-for-17 from the floor. She also had seven rebounds and was named the game's MVP.
Senior forward Tenazhia Hinkson pulled off her fifth double-double of the season with 15 points and 12 rebounds while Autumn Taylor rounded out the double-digit scoring effort with 13 points.
The W finished its first basketball season in 15 years with a 21-6 record.
- MUW women's basketball wins USCAA National Championship
- MUW women's basketball reaches USCAA finals
- MUW's Benfield and Hopper named to USCAA National Championship All-Tournament Team
- MUW softball receives USCAA Small College World Series bid
- MUW women's basketball receives bid to national tournament
- MUW names new women's basketball coach
- MUW hires women's soccer coach
- MUW women's basketball team seeking to help tornado victims
- BMC archer wins national championship
- MSU women predicted to win SEC basketball championship