COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA/MUW Athletics) – The Mississippi University For Women basketball team was selected to participate in the United States Athletic Association (USCAA) Women's Division I Basketball Tournament on Tuesday.
The Owls (18-6) were seeded No. 2 overall and will play 7th seeded Carlow University (9-21) in the first round Thursday, March 7 in Penn State Fayette Main Arena. The game will be streamed at basketball.theuscaa.com and will tip-off at 2 p.m. ET/ 1 p.m. CT.
Carlow is ranked second in the USCAA in three-pointers made and in three-point percentage on the season. The team is led offensively by junior guard Delaney Daly. She averages 11.7 points per game and is second among Celtics in three-point field goals.
In its first season in 15 years, The W will make its first appearance in the USCAA tournament. Junior forward Qiayon Bailey leads the Owls offense averaging 15.0 points per game and 7.0 rebounds per game. Junior center Keyahna Jones has tallied nine double-doubles this season and leads the team in rebounds. She averages 8.5 points per game and 10.2 rebounds.
The winner of the Owls/Carlow game will advance to face the winner of the No. 3 seed Paul Quinn vs. No. 6 seed Florida College game which will tip-off at 10 a.m. ET/ 9 a.m. CT.
- MUW women's basketball receives bid to national tournament
- MUW women's basketball wins USCAA National Championship
- MUW names new women's basketball coach
- MUW women's basketball reaches USCAA finals
- MUW baseball receives Small College World Series bid
- MUW softball receives USCAA Small College World Series bid
- MUW hires women's soccer coach
- MUW women's basketball team seeking to help tornado victims
- MUW women's soccer coach Gray Massey dies
- MUW's Benfield and Hopper named to USCAA National Championship All-Tournament Team