UNIONTOWN, Pa. (WTVA/MUW Athletics) – Keyahna Jones pulled off her 10th double-double of the season to lead MUW to a 73-59 victory Friday over Paul Quinn College in the semifinal round of the USCAA Women's Basketball Division I Championship Tournament.
Jones, a junior center from Lufkin, Texas, had 16 points and eleven rebounds.
Autumn Taylor also had a double-double with eleven points and eleven rebounds, while Qiayon Bailey added 13 points.
"The Owls played well together today," said MUW head coach Howard White. "We were able to come together as a team and overcome Paul Quinn's first-quarter run. We did a great job rebounding the basketball and handling their pressure defense. We also did a great job defensively making them take tough shots. Offensively we were able to get the shots we wanted. Overall, we played a smart game."
The W will compete for its first USCAA championship title on Saturday at 2 p.m. ET/ 1 p.m. CT against top seed Maine-Fort Kent.
- MUW women's basketball reaches USCAA finals
- MUW women's basketball wins USCAA National Championship
- MUW softball receives USCAA Small College World Series bid
- MUW names new women's basketball coach
- MUW's Benfield and Hopper named to USCAA National Championship All-Tournament Team
- MUW hires women's soccer coach
- MUW women's basketball receives bid to national tournament
- MUW women's basketball team seeking to help tornado victims
- MUW women's soccer coach Gray Massey dies
- MUW to introduce new basketball programs next week