DUBOIS, Penn. (WTVA/MUW Athletics) – The MUW baseball team's run in the USCAA Small College World Series ended Wednesday with a 3-1 loss to Bryant and Stratton College on day three of the tournament.
Making his first appearance this week, sophomore pitcher David Sandifer pitched 4.1 innings to start the game. The Mobile, Ala. delivered five strikeouts to keep the Bobcats scoreless during his first two of the innings on the mound.
In the third, Bryant and Stratton scored the first two runs of the game on a double to center field and a sacrifice fly.
The Bobcats added an additional run in the fifth to extend their lead to 3-0.
Preventing a shutout, sophomore Will Peters hit his first home run of the season in the sixth to score The W's only run of the contest.
Standifer suffered the loss on the mound with three runs for five strikeouts and three hits against.
Junior Luke Hobson entered in the fifth to pitched 2.2 innings for two strikeouts and two hits against.
At the plate, sophomore Will Peters led the offense with a 2-for-2 appearance for one RBI.
- MUW baseball's run in Small College World Series ends
- MUW baseball returns to USCAA Small College World Series
- MUW baseball receives Small College World Series bid
- MUW softball receives USCAA Small College World Series bid
- MUW softball finishes third in Small College World Series
- MUW baseball scores two victories on day two of USCAA Small College World Series
- MUW softball heads to DuBois for USCAA Small College World Series
- MUW softball advances to the semifinal round of the USCAA Small College World Series
- Louisville defeats Miss. State 4-3, ending the Bulldogs' run in the College World Series
- Blue Mountain, MUW split baseball doubleheader